Turning Point Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland is the integrated substance misuse service for the city, Leicestershire and Rutland county and Leicester prison. We work with anyone who is affected by drugs or alcohol and wants support to make change. We offer a variety of treatment options and will support you to find the right treatment for you..
Regardless of your age, we have a service which will meet your needs. For young people up to 24, the dedicated youth team will work one to one with you in any location that is suitable. Find out more about our services for young people.
Turning Point Leicester and Leicestershire have service hubs in Leicester city, Coalville, Loughborough and Oakham as well as lots of satellite services. Click on ‘Our Services’ tab to find out more about the centres.
Each of the hubs provides a full range of services and is open to all service users. We run services for adults, families and young people.
These services include:
- Support help and guidance for anyone affected by their own or someone else’s drug or alcohol use
- A full and comprehensive assessment to help you determine your treatment goals
- Treatment to suit your needs
- One to one sessions to discuss your use, look at triggers, learn new ways to cope and work out what you want from your recovery journey
- Detoxification and rehabilitation – we can explain the processes and support you in the community, in hospital or support you into residential detoxification and rehabilitation if this is something you feel you require
- Sign posting and support to access other services such as housing or debt management
- Prescribing services
- Harm reduction services including needle exchange and specialist needle exchange for performance enhancing drugs
- Support for pregnant woman who are using drugs or alcohol
- Outreach services
- SMART recovery groups
- Information and signposting to AA and NA
- Opportunities to volunteer
- Detox and Rehab residential services (any referral to residential services must be discussed with the local service).
It can be quite lonely and isolating having to cope with someone you loves use therefore we work closely with our partners to offer the people who are living with, or affected by someone else’s use support, advice, skills and tools so you are better equipped to help them.
The youth team work with young people up to their 24th birthday. The dedicated youth team will work one to one with you in any location that is suitable. Find out more about our services for young people.