How do I know if I Need Help?
If you can’t stop taking a substance even when you want to or it plays on your mind about how much of a substance you use, you could think about some of the following questions and how you would answer these:
- Do you often think about drugs or alcohol?
- Did you ever try to stop or cut down on your drug/alcohol usage but didn’t manage to?
- Have you ever thought you couldn't fit in or have a good time without the use of drugs/alcohol?
- Do you ever use drugs/alcohol because you are upset or angry at other people?
- Have you ever used a drug without knowing what it was or what it would do to you?
- Have you ever taken one drug to get over the effects of another?
- Have you ever made mistakes at a job or college/university because you were using drugs/alcohol?
- Does the thought of running out of drugs/alcohol really scare you?
- Have you ever stolen drugs/alcohol or stolen to pay for drugs/alcohol?
- Have you ever been arrested or in the hospital because of your drug/alcohol use?
- Have you ever overdosed on drugs?
- Has using drugs/alcohol hurt your relationships with other people?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes you may benefit from having a chat with one of our team members. Fill in our assessment form or call us on 0345 603 6993