How do I know if I Need Help?
If you can't stop taking a drug even if you want to, or if the urge to use drugs is too strong to control, even if you know the drug is causing harm, you might need some support to reduce or stop. Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Do you think about drugs or alcohol a lot?
- Did you ever try to stop or cut down on your drug/alcohol usage but couldn't?
- Have you ever thought you couldn't fit in or have a good time without the use of drugs/alcohol?
- Do you ever use drugs/alcohol because you are upset or angry at other people?
- Have you ever used a drug without knowing what it was or what it would do to you?
- Have you ever taken one drug to get over the effects of another?
- Have you ever made mistakes at a job or at school because you were using drugs/alcohol?
- Does the thought of running out of drugs/alcohol really scare you?
- Have you ever stolen drugs/alcohol or stolen to pay for drugs/alcohol?
- Have you ever been arrested or in the hospital because of your drug/alcohol use?
- Have you ever overdosed on drugs?
- Has using drugs/alcohol hurt your relationships with other people?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes you may benefit from having a chat with one of our advisors. Fill in our assessment form or call us on 0345 603 6993