Service User Event
On Friday 10 February, Leicester and Leicestershire held their inaugural Service User Event at Eldon Street Leicester.
The event show-cased our partners and the services that support us and our service users within Leicester and Leicestershire.
Our partners that kindly gave up their time were:
- Stonham Group – floating support
- Age UK – project Last Orders
- Dear Albert – recovery
- Smoking Cessation
- Working Links – getting people back into work
- Leicester and Leicestershire Rehabilitation Services
- Strides – community charity offering cookery and healthy living courses
We also provided information stands on:
- Naloxone and harm reduction
- Hospital Liaison
- Service User Forums
- Innovation and Big Ideas Fund
Plus we offered yoga and mindfulness tasters.
The event was well attended even though the weather was against us. Due to the success of the event we plan to hold another one in the summer.
Turning Point would like to thank all the partners that supported the event, our team members and our service users for making this day a success.