Oxford’s Turning Point Hub provides a specialist needle exchange service.
All other hubs provide general needle exchange service.
The aim of needle and syringe programme is to provide a safe place for you to collect sterile equipment and dispose of used equipment
This is to minimise the risk of transmission of blood-borne viruses and other infections caused by sharing injecting equipment.
The programme also aims to reduce the other harms caused by injecting and provides:
- Advice on safer injecting practices
- Advice on minimising the harm done by drugs, including performance and image enhancing drugs
- Advice on how to minimise the risk and manage an overdose situation
- Information on the safe handling and disposal of injecting equipment
- Access to blood-borne virus testing, vaccination and treatment services
- To help to stop injecting drugs, including access to drug treatment (for example opioid substitution therapy) and encouragement to switch to safer drug taking practices,
- Other health and welfare services (including condom provision).
Along with the Oxfordshire Hubs certain pharmacies within the county can provide this service, please follow the link for more information